Friday, November 28, 2008

Terror- Part II- Memories

I read this post by one of my favourite bloggers http://jikku.blogspot.com/2008/11/remembering-mumbai.html and it brought tears in my eyes. Not only does every visitor have stories to tell about this mega city but every mumbaikar has memories about every part of this city.

Some of my favourite memories of that part of the city I am not even sure remains the same anymore :

* Long walks along Marine drive with A, it being our favourite place as it was the first we went to after acknowledging our relationship!

*Waiting at chowpaty for almost 2 hours for N and making him apologise several hundred times for being so late!

*Walking along the gateway of India promenade opposite TAJ acting tourist guide to cousins from chennai. Then guiltily admitting that this visit to Gateway is only my third in 10 years .

*Lustily looking at TAJ and promising myself to be able afford a suite in the heritage wing one day!

* Dying to go to Leopold's after reading Shantaram and finally going to churchgate with the intention of going there and ending up at sports bar instead!

*Watching Rang De Basanti for the third time in a week at EROS with R (I can never forget his hairstyle or lack of it because of not cutting his hair for more than 3 months on ship!).

*Always getting lost on my way to Regal Cinema (still dont know the way!)

*Eating the most delicious pizza I've ever tasted at Not just Jazz by the bay after a girl's night out watching the play 'Vagina monologues'

*The frantic taxi ride between Churchgate and CST with A in a futile attempt to catch a train

*The cheese fondue at Relish at O's birthday party and watching his expression tranform to sheer anguish looking at the bill!

*Multiple trips to Mumbai University for the same work!

*My first night view of Queen's Necklace with my closest friends!

*Promising myself everytime I am in town to come there more often!

Wish I could have done so much more.. wishing these terror attacks wasn't the reason I was writing this!

No comments: