Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And so the grinding begins again!

11.59 PM, Wednesday, 26th Nov
After numbing my fingers (typing out all the applications/SOPs) and breaking my back (running to the couriers and pleading last minute delivery) by this time of last year, I thought the process of US university application was finally over. But like all things with me, He and of course the US Universities had other plans in mind. With a 1460 GRE score, I thought admissions shouldnt be too much of a worry. But my 3 years B.Sc degree with only 1 year M.Sc didnt fulfill the necessary standard and I didnt get through. One university allowed me to defer my offer for 2009 but that was not on my top priority list. But even that asked me to type a new SOP and resume, if not fill a completely new application form as the others did.

Thinking so hard about false stuff about yourself and writing it so well that it doesnt sound fake is a daunting task to do even once. Imagine I have to do that same thing twice. And since I have submitted the previous SOP of which they have a copy, I cant even lift matter from that to add on to my new one. It has to be completely different!!!

So here I am again, this time of the year, numbing my fingers and breaking my back to make it to the 'elite' class of US returns!

No comments: