Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Of Crushes and Intezaars

For the past 6 months, it was my firm belief :

There is a serious dearth of good guys... good guys who are single, i mean... 

The really good ones are taken and the rest are just 'sooo not ur type' (translating.. lame!)

But then, a few weeks back, I got in touch with a guy... for convenience sake and to hide my embarrassment, let's call him Rolls Royce!

We used to stay in the same area but then he moved out long long time ago..... and there was no reason for interaction till very recently. We met up at common functions and since I had always had a crush on him (He's cute ya), I took his orkut/fb id etc... and I sent fraaannndddship request on orkut (Thankfully not like that) but couldnt find him on fb...

Then we got on touch thru gtalk and interacted for a few days after which he just vanished from the face of the earth!! 
No response to buzzes, no replies to scraps, no mails to even confirm that he was real..
The sudden disappearance was confusing but I didnt give it too much thought as I assumed he must have gone out of town....  

And then one fine day I did find him on fb (he changed his dp and it was easier to locate) and I added him there. He accepted my friend request... but then again there was no response from his side.. 

Beyond a point, frustrated, I was about to give up when I saw this post on his wall... It was from a girl and her dp was both of them together! such a cute couple they made!!! U can imagine my disappointment!! Another one taken!!! 

Consolations from J that they might just be 'good friends' didn't change my state of mind.. why would good friends put up a dp like that!! :( 

So anyways this whole episode just confirmed my already established theory : 

There is a serious dearth of good guys... good guys who are single, i mean... 
The really good ones are taken and the rest are just 'sooo not ur type' (translating.. lame!) :D


There is no hope of this belief being proved wrong!!! (Even though I secretly hope it will)

So all you prince charmings out there.. here's an open challenge ;) 


P.S. For the technologically challenged,
fb=Facebook, 
dp = Display pic 
Wall= the scrapbook of fb :D

4 comments:

Nikita A said...

You have just described what each and every girl feels!!! Seems like God spent a looot of time in creating us, so much that he couldn't find time for making someone good enough for us. And you are right, those who are good enough are already taken (I am so jealous of those girls who are with these guys!!)

After reading this, I'm glad that I have you at least... :-p

Arvind Keshav said...

There's a saying in Boy (a language that only we can decipher)
"All good girls are either taken or lesbian!!!"

Arvind Keshav said...

And this is the GIRL version of it in a only put in a million words :D

divyesh said...

came to your blog frm your orkut profile, and i kinda know the reason behind your so called dearth of guys, am sure its u to blame, and somehow even u wud agree with me on it.