Monday, April 19, 2010

25 Random things about me

Began on January 30th 7.18 PM
Posted on April 19th 4.28 PM

1. Like a true south indian, I think curd rice, also fondly called 'tachchi mammam' is THE best invention to satiate a hungry stomach any time of the day!

2. Unlike a true mumbaikar, I don't like the rains! Ok, let me rephrase that: I love and truly enjoy the rains when I'm at home idle with a cuppa coffee and a nice book to read or have to go on a non-umbrella protected walk with friends; but at all other times which involve travel, I'd settle for a sunny sunny day.

3. I love to read. Any book, any time and any where. (P.S. I am not a booker/pultizer prize winner book person. Though some are awesome, on a general basis, I like to discover my own gems)

4. I love love. I feel it overrides any other feeling. And I love hugs. No other remedy for a depressing day comes even close!

5. Night is my favorite time of the day.

6. Though I am put off by the length of my name, I love the meaning of it. And I am a big fan of the meaning and ring to 'Kamya'

7. This is the 50th post I've written on this blog. It is a different matter altogether that for reasons unlimited, I haven't published few of the posts I had written earlier.

8. I am extremely proud of the scars on my knee that have increased over the years because of the number of times I have fallen. In my weird little head, the more the scars, the more I have 'lived' and experienced life :)

9. I like Federer over Nadal :) I feel he is the epitome of superiority in a particular field. But I always preferred the unstable struggling Indian cricket team to the (previously) dominant aussies! :D

10. Among the 7 most deadly sins, I am, without doubt, SLOTH!

11. I'm an all or none kind of a person- made of strong opinions and sincere apologies. I don't like ambiguity.

12. I am not a music person; but the times I do become one, I love to listen to awesomely foot-tapping happy songs and I love to scare other people by dancing like no one's watching! :) But my favourite musical instrument is the saxaphone.

13. I am not a city person. Though I will enjoy wherever I am, I can be most comfortable in a gorgeous country-side alone with books but in close reach of friends and people I love.

14. I genuinely enjoy a good debate on a lazy sunday afternoon. I peps up my spirit! :)

15. I love my study experience in the US and all the perks it comes with- amazing room-mates, super friends, night outs, deadlines, working my arse off to finish just 3 mins before deadline, research, and most importantly PHYSIO (re-iterating my geekiness)

16. I can't think of 25 things, however random, about myself in one sitting.

17. I write blogs only on 2 occasions : a) When I am very inspired or affected by happenings around me and b) When I am bored

18. I am technologically challenged. :P

19. I truly believe in the concept of 'gut feeling'. I make my decisions based on those! (which is why most of the time my decisions seem spontaneous... but for me, I take them at that very instant when I am 'inspired'!)

20. I have a horrible colour sense. My room-mates are constantly searching for their sun-shades to avoid direct exposure to my bright 'colour-colour' clothes!

21. I love the sound of waves. My idea of a perfect evening is sitting on the beach looking at the setting sun and listening to the water.

22. I am not a miss goody 2 shoes! I am not a saint and I don't pretend to be one. And I can be a pain to people closest to me!

23. I love using exclamation marks while writing sentences. I feel that is one punctuation that truly portrays (my) enthusiasm!

24. I cannot draw/paint/sculpt/be creative to save my life!! I do write once in a while though.

25. I love the fast-track watch that was gifted to me. I love the tick-tock sound that it makes- for the sound itself and for the fact that it irritates Mr. Chase! :)