Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Musings

This post should have been dated one year ago or seven months ago or whatever time Dasvidaniya released. But contrary to so many bad movies I catch, this was one beauty that I missed.

 

I finally got to see the movie today because of Sree’s negligence to bring Luck By Chance. And I can’t thank him enough for having the patience to see this movie the second time. Not that it must have been a task! I would gladly see this again; only at the risk of my company experiencing muffled sniffles of mine.

 

This is one hell of a movie. Each actor is so natural that you never feel the lack of brilliance. And the story line is touching to say the least. It is less of a story than a journey of a man wanting to live life before he dies. Yes you have heard this before, seen this before in many other movies but the man named Vinay Pathak makes sure this experience is unforgettable.

 

The best part as sree said, is that they don’t show the protagonist dying. No KHNH type teary eyed, horribly speaking, gay Shahrukh melodrama. But the way they have picturised everything makes sure genuine tears do brim up.

 

After spending quite some alone time after the movie, I got thinking about my list of ten things to do before I die. And I am lost in post right now.

 

I don’t know what all I want to do. I don’t know even whether I want to do anything in particular. And I don’t know whether it is good or bad… Is it that I have enjoyed and lived every moment of life and am so happy and content with my life that I don’t have any regrets? Or that I just am not able to go beyond my current world and look into the world of possibilities.

 

I want to come up with 10 things… that’s for sure…. even if it just contains thank you notes to the people who have loved me… but .. I have already done that in the last post… But then again…. Can one ever thank these loving people enough??

 

However, this is one promise to myself.. to publish a post of 10 things I want to do before I die. Well, maybe writing it could be one of those 10 things :)

No comments: